What was the social sharing and content engagement trends in 2013? Which social network was most popular amongst users? This infographics explains it all. The Addthis team has unveiled the numbers and found that:
– Social activity increased by 32%
– Facebook was still the most popular sharing method
– Twitter now accounts for 13 percent of all sharing worldwide, up 3 percent from 2012.
– Pinterest sharing increased by 50%
– India and Brazil have seen the strongest gains in social sharing
This figure pales in comparison with Facebook, which makes up 26 percent of all sharing (via the Share button – the Like button controls another 16 percent), although Facebook’s slice of the pie is on the decline, falling 11 percent in the past 12 months.