I must thank @agarnero for showing me this. Tweetping provides a live feed of all of Twitter, graphically placed on a world map, with stats per continent in a HUD that can be pushed down to allow for what feels like a god’s-eye view of the chatter.
The map itself starts getting brighter based on the geolocation from the public tweets. Basically the world begins to show as a heat map in real-time which is very cool. Along the bottom you have a few areas:
- Total tweets since you launched the page
- Total words since you launched the page
- Total characters since you launched the page
- last hashtag used globally
- last @mention used globally
- Breakdown by geographic region showing the above same stats
- A constantly changing bar graph for number of tweets as a whole and under each region
It doesn’t seem particularly useful at the moment apart from giving you a rough overview of where the global tweeting activity gathers ( i.e. I didn’t know Twitter was so huge in Indonesia and Malesia ). However, if one day this data could be exported it would make Tweetping the best from of social media analysts.